The TKL Django image is particularly suitable for users, who deal with the production of websites and applications, using the Python programming language. It contains the core TKL version and on top of that Django, which is the web framework for the Python programming language, which supports rapid development and pragmatic design.
Django represents a Python alternative to the well-known Ruby on Rails. It allows to automate most of the operations and thus rapidly produce high performance web applications.
If you enter the IP address of such machine into the address bar of the browser after the machine with the given image is started, the control panel will appear, which will guide you to the Django administration console, shellinabox and webmin. The Django console provides basic tools for administration of your Django project. The image also contains a template Python project, which is located in /var/www/turnkey_project . The control panel which will appear after entering the IP address of your machine into the address bar of the web browser is depicted in the above picture. In fact, the control panel is an index page located in /var/www/turnkey_project/templates/index.html .
You can find further information regarding shellinabox and webmin in the description of the TKL core image or in the particular separate manuals. Although there is a MySQL database inside this image, the adminer tool for its administration is not available.
The TurnKey Linux Django image contains all the components mentioned in the description of the TKL core version and on top of that:
- Apache – web http server, currently the version 2.4.10
- Python – programming and scripting language, currently the version 3.4.2
- Django – Python web framework, currently the version 1.7.7
- iPython – interactive Python shell, currently the version 2.3
- Pre-configured template Python project located in /var/www/turnkey_project and integrated with Apache 2 (mod_wsgi), MySQL and Postfix
- Built-in administration console with integrated online documentation
- Postfix – email server, bound to localhost
- The Webmin modules for the configuration of Apache2, MySQL and Postfix
- MySQL – relational database, currently the version 5.5
- SSL support
The official documentation of the TKL Django image is available at: https://www.turnkeylinux.org/django .